What do you call

Those small metal plates designed to be fitted into a slot rebated into the back of something. The plate has a hole and a slot machined in it to allow you to hook it over a protruding screw head as a concealed fixing?

I am sure I have seen somewhere selling them, but can think of what to search for!

Reply to
John Rumm

This?

Richard

Keyhole plate or keyhole hanger for the recessed ones, mirror plate for the other sort.

?searchstr=mirror+plate&submit=Go

Reply to
Steve Firth

Keyhole fasteners?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Fishplate?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, fish as in fissure or gap. Famously the plates that secure railway lines together, I mean you couldn't possibly continuously weld them together because they need gaps to expand...

Reply to
Graham.

retaining screw holes at top and bottom.

Reply to
John Rumm

that's the one...

Ta.