Great Wall

I wouldn't want to repoint that.

"According to the study, which was reported on Xinhua, the wall is

21,196.18km (13,170.6956 miles) long, rather than an estimate of 8,850km given in a 2009 study."

"Work started on the Great Wall in 500BC to protect China's northern border"

No finishing date, the lazy feckers.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I'm impressed by their accuracy - to the nearest 10 cm! ;-)

Reply to
Gib Bogle

To the nearest 10m! Yeah, right.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I reckon it was just a job creation scheme.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Like Homeland Security in the US.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

When we went there (to Badaling? I forget) it was obvious the wall was a reconstruction. One of the hardier souls on our trip hiked a couple of miles and he said out of sight of the "touristy" bit it just turned into a strip of rubble covered in weeds.

Reply to
Huge