What an hectic day!

Downstairs toilet w/basin has a single tap, using a thermostatic mixer to mix the H&C to a comfortable temperature. Flow from the tap almost ceased yesterday, so yesterday I cleared out a blockage to the input filter, which restored the flow, but then produced too hot water which could not be reduced.

Today I pulled the mixer out (not easy behind the P trap), to check the wax capsule which had completely failed. To expensive/ not worth the cost of a replacement, so I decided to not bother replacing, just build it back up. Hell of a awkward job getting it water tight, then the P trap began leaking at every joint.

In the middle of the job, a deaf and dumb neighbour, who lives alone came round, having issues with his car insurance - he wasn't sure whether he was or wasn't insured and others had spent many hours trying to get through to Hastings, to check on his behalf. MID showed him as not insured, his last letter from them July 2019 suggested it would auto renew and he'd had no letters to suggest it hadn't.

I spent hours trying to get through after he had gone home and eventually did get through, but they said he wasn't insured though unable because of DPA in his absence to say why.

All the could say was ring back when he was present to answer security questions, so I left him a note to come round at 4pm and I would struggle to get through to Hastings yet again.

An hour trying to get through again, answer security questions and they at first said they had no record of him being ever insured by them. I requested they check again, because he had been insured with them for years. They then confirmed he was insured until July 2020after all. I asked them to send a letter to him, just confirming that he was definitely insured.

To add to the confusion his car's registration number didn't exist on the DVLA site.

What a mess..

Another friends DL expired in March, they wanted more information when he tried to renew - which he sent off, but he is still waiting for his licence to turn up and having to continue to drive without one.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Well, so what yer doing about the water? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Well done for sorting out the car insurance. When I bought my first car (I'd been a biker for many years) I found an insurance broker near work that seemed to offer the cheapest car insurance. I've used them now for

40 years, having moved to within walking distance of them in the meantime. There's a lot to be said for sitting down across the counter to someone. (They won't touch horse-boxes though, I have to phone NFU for that).
Reply to
newshound

Brian Gaff (Sofa) laid this down on his screen :

How did you know that the water supply for the entire area went off at

7pm :-) and still off.

I had managed to fix my problems by 5pm and clear up.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

In article <raonvi$r3o$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Harry Bloomfield <?.?@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk.invalid> writes

It's What a hectic day. Only an when the h is silent.

Reply to
bert