WBP

How weatherproof is WBP normally? I had a batch that delammed after one rainfall. Wasn't too pleased.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Very

It wasn't WBP then...

I have had a sheet laying outside for years, and its still retains perfect integrity (although obviously rather discoloured and mouldy looking!)

Reply to
John Rumm

I suggest that it wasn't really WBP then. There are bits of 18mm WBP leant against a wall outside with one end on the soil and getting well hidden by undergrowth that have been there for a period measured in years but haven't delaminated...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've seen a couple of cases of the waterproof flooring chipboard treated this way too, and been surprised that it survives without damage.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thats what I thought too, just wanted a sanity check. In which case beware of Wickes WBP - it isnt.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@care2.com saying something like:

I have an unpainted sheet doing service as the bottom have of a sliding workshop door and it's been that way for ten years without flinching from the weather. There's a lot of crap sold as WBP now.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I suprised that Wickes would be knowingly selling WBP that isn't. Maybe it got shuffled in the racks by another customer, ply is ply is ply 'innit...

ISTR that WBP has stamped marking on the face(s) saying it is.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The last lot I bought from Wickes didn't. The label said WBP, but the ply was completely unmarked.

Reply to
Huge

I bought a bunch of them, no rack shuffled stuff, and all were stamped WBP on the side. But not remotely weatherproof.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I would take them back as not fit for purpose.

Reply to
John Rumm

I'd have to disagree, they might have been fit for porpoise.

Reply to
Clot

Sounds like they would have de-laminated long before the porpoise even came up for air!

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes - told them what I thought too.

NT