Small sink

Any recommendations for a little diddy ceramic sink? Google is so huge... :)

cheers, NT

Reply to
meow2222

wrote

If you are after a modern look for a cloak room, I got a rectangular one from thebathstore. Not cheap, but just right for the space and the look I was after. Also no overflow, so not good if you have v. young kids. Don't buy anything you don't have to from them though - big rip-offs-vil for fittings etc.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

========================================= Try a specific 'google' for 'RAK ceramics'.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Got a Roca 'Hall' (IIRC) - rectangular trough-like design - from some online vendor. It's quite small front-to-back[1] with flatt-ish bits at the sides, one of which has a hole in for a monoblock mixer tap (so the tap is to the side, instead of at the back).

One gripe: since the plateaux at the sides slope slightly a mixer tap that's designed to look right when mounted on a horizontal surface will look like the tower of Pisa on this one unless one does some improvisation to straighten it up.

[1] why isn't there a word for this, like "short" for un-tall/long, and narrow for un-wide. For that matter why is 'depth' ambiguous - could be front to back or could be top to bottom? Bah, stupid English language.
Reply to
John Stumbles

Kettle Lime plaster repair and conservation Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc Tel:    (+44)  01359 230642 Mob:   (+44)  07976 649862 Please look at my website for examples of my work at:

Anna Kettle

For what purpose and/or which room? (Sinks usually go in kitches, or did you mean a basin for a bath/cloak room?)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for everyone's ideas so far. Ideally I'd like something smaller than 50cm long though, without going bigger than 25cm back to front - and less would be ideal. I'm not seeing it on those pages though.

Its not for kitchen or bathroom, more to make water available elsewhere in the house without endless treks. So its never going to be used for serious washing up, just an access point.

While I'm here, one q, just in case it comes to this: if I got a suitable ceramic container with no waste hole, could it be drilled/ cut?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

There's 7 pages of hand basins here :-

Bertie Doe

NT

Reply to
meow2222

My Roca Hall is 50cm wide x 24cm front-back

Although I asked for a hole in mine they didn't supply one. I asked them to send it on but they didn't :-|. Can't remember whether I drilled it or bashed it out (there was a break-out recess on the underside).

Reply to
John Stumbles

ha. The ideal standard I'm looking at comes with holes included in the pack, so no worry.

Thanks everyone!

NT

Reply to
meow2222