Water butt pumps

HI All,

I want to get my Dad one of these, but it seems that everywhere is out of stock (except for the £200 jobbies)

Can a general purpose dirty water pump like this be used as a water butt pump?

Chris Styles

Suspend it inside the butt about 6" from the bottom and let the float fall freely.

Mind you, I reckon the output might be a little powerful for watering the roses ;-)

Try EBay item

140062252413

begin 666 rtCurve.gif M1TE&.#EA" `(`)$``/___^_O[\[.SO___R'Y! 44``,`+ `````(``@```(1

35( Y8PF[#H)QTG$N>SIH5@``.P`` ` end
Reply to
Robbo

Yes, just hang it on a string so that it's a foot above the bottom and the crud layer.

Don't leave it in there forever either. You can, but the lifetime on these things is never quite what they claim for them. Certainly lift it out for the Winter when you don't need the watering anyway.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

That's when we want to use ours (bought for I think about £30 - 40 from Aldi but I could be wrong). In the summer the butts water the garden, in winter we want to use it for lavatory flushing.

That's the Next Project :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:56:11 -0000 someone who may be "Mary Fisher" wrote this:-

That is the sort of situation where cheap things don't save money, though they can be useful for proving a concept if one is unsure of it.

Reply to
David Hansen

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Drop into uk.rec.sheds and ask Andrew Marshall how he did his.

Reply to
Guy King

I don't understand that!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We know how to do it, we just need time ... Spouse's recent radical prostatectomy and convalescence took a chunk of it. Since he came out of hospital he's been assigned gentler tasks, painting the sitting room, decorating the smallest room, making a trolley etc. It's not the weather for doing plumbing in the loft. It can wait until summer :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:06:31 -0000 someone who may be "Mary Fisher" wrote this:-

A cheap pump is unlikely to last that long in that situation. It may be useful to prove that the concept works, but will then probably need to be replaced with a more expensive pump.

Reply to
David Hansen

Ah, I understand now.

It might see us out though!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Mmm, meaty chunks!

Reply to
Guy King

Indeed. But no the sort you'd want to have in your body :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher