Washing machine stopped working

Those are certainly at the end of their life and a good candidate for causing your problem.

There are only a couple of motor manufacturers, Sole is one of them.

Reply to
Peter Parry

ok thanks. The brushes I am looking at should be good then its just that they stated for a sole motor although they and the motor look exactly like what I have except there is no sole label on my motor, so wasnt sure.

Reply to
ss

Yup, that's cream crackered.

Reply to
Graham Nye

I'd check the sensor which detects water level- or more exactly the pipe that feeds it.

The sensor is (usually) round, maybe 3" in dia. and about midway up the machine. It has a few wires and a pipe which goes to the 'plumbing' in the lower regions. Check the pipe isn't blocked and the area where it connects to the 'plumbing' is also clear- they can get clogged with the grey 'gunge' you find in machines. Also, a small hole/split is possible but a blockage is more common.

It is worth cleaning the 'gunge out' of the whole machine- as best you can- including the drain hose.

Reply to
Brian Reay