Whirlpool washing machine - won't cycle to rinse/spin

Hi,

We have a Whirlpool washing machine (Model# from top of lid: LSR8233JQ0), that has recently begun acting strangely. It seems to mostly work ok, but when it gets to the rinse and spin cycles, it pauses, and doesn't begin the rinse and spin cycles.

I found that if we push down on the switch (inside the hole) that is normal depressed when the lid is closed, that it continues on.

I don't know if there's anything else in the washer that would stop it from going to the rinse and spin cycles, so I'm thinking/hoping that it's just something with the switch, and am looking for comments on this and also advice re. how to fix it.

Thanks in advance, Jim

Reply to
ohaya

Sounds like a faulty switch to me -- maybe some moisture is shorting the switch connection.

Reply to
1_Patriotic_Guy

Hi,

The lid switch may be on the way out...like this....

switch assembly.

Access helps...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks!! That 2nd link to the lid switch assembly doesn't seem to work. I'm getting to an "Item not found" page.

Jim

Reply to
ohaya

Hi,