laying tiles on 45* angle

Hello,im going to have a go at tiling my floor soon but i want to lay them at 45* angle,i like the look rather then the standed way.Can someone tell me if i set all the mark`s out on the cement the same as i would if i was laying them the standed way.And do i still start in the middle of the room. Cheers,Paul

Reply to
Paul

Depends on the room where I start the lay out. I use an tape and make marks, then I get out the tile and lay it dry to at least two of the side walls. Check to see that you do not have any small cuts. If you do adjusting the width of the grout joint can help. Check the other two walls and make sure that your not tiling your self into a corner. I usually screw up a little when I make turns or change rooms. So far I am the only one that has noticed.

Reply to
SQLit

You just want to try and avoid cutting tiles to less than half size. The rest if generally up to you.

What kind of tile and base do you have. That could enter into the equasion.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

When laying on a 45, you cannot avoid cutting half tile or less.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Hello,thanks for the help,to answer your question Joseph im laying

330x330mm ceramic tile onto cement slab.The guy at the hardware store told me i needed a 10mm noched trowel for the glue but by gee that seems like a lot of glue,does that sound right?.I thought maybe a 5 or 6 mm
Reply to
Paul

Depends on the adhesive used and that depends on the tile and the job. No simple answer. Does the tile come with instructions? I would use that as my primary guide. Lacking that I would go with what they dealer says. Don't try to get by with too little glue. This is a case where there is a just right and too much and too little.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan