Laying laminate on mdf??

Hi all,

I plan on laying laminate floor in my bedroom. The current floorboards are ok but i read somewhere that you can lay mdf (they used the word fiberboard which i persume is mdf) first then lay the laminate on top. Is this a good / bad thing to do ? Would it also cut down on sound to downstairs room?

Cheers

Joe.

Reply to
Joe

It's the green sheets of laminate underlay that they mean -

example. MDF is a fibreboard, but it's too rigid to be sound absorbing.

auctions