Washing machine problem

Hi,

Dunno if this is the right group for this but here goes. My washing machine (Zanussi Aquacycle 1200) is tripping the RCD after filling with water. I thought it may be the element, but I've removed it & it looks fine to me though it does have some scaling. Anyone got any ideas?

TIA,

Marky P.

Reply to
Marky P

The message from Marky P contains these words:

I don't think you'd be able to spot a tiny hole in the element. Try running it with both heater wires disconnected (put them somewhere safe, obviously!) and see if it trips then.

Reply to
Guy King

I had a hotpoint did that. Turned out the motor had a leak to earth of about 3Kohms. Enough to trip the RCD.

Easy way to test is to take covers off and carefully disconnect the motor terminals, and try a cycle, Obviously the drum wont go, but if it stops the tripping you have at least ID'ed the problem.

I took the motor completely apart and still got a resistance reading between metalwork and the coil so I P/exed it for a recon motor.

Sorted it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher