Warning Light on Speedfight 2 scooter

A little off normal diy topic, but it will be a diy repair.

On a Peugeot Speedfight 2 there are 4 warning lights below the speedo console.

BLUE for Main beam on the left, then RED for low oil, then GREEN for turn indicators but does anyone know what the RED one on the right is ?

I have a Haynes manual and all 3 Speedfight wiring diagrams only show there to be the first 3 lights.

Now the problem is that this light has come on ... now when you turn ignition away from it's normal running position, this light comes on. If you remove the key .. the light stays on.

This would tend to suggest to me it's related to charging, but then why would it stay on when key is removed ?

Anybody know what it's for and what is wrong that keeping it ON.

It's a 50cc water cooled engine, in case it's relevant.

Reply to
Osprey

I have no idea, but if you phone your nearest Peugeot scooter dealer they will tell you. Try Yellow Pages or .

Reply to
Cats Whiskers

How about "low fuel"?

You might run out of fuel :) Put some more fuel in and see if the light goes out.

Reply to
Matty F

Did think of that - filling tank made no difference ...

Reply to
Osprey

Low battery if it has one..if you don't have the drivers manual, get one.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I did find two websites that said that the light meant "low fuel". Perhaps they were wrong. You can't always believe what you read on the Net :)

Reply to
Matty F

Is this a 2-stroke bike? if so does it have a separate 2-stroke oil tank? If so is it's level OK?

Reply to
PSOE