Warning: Focus copper fittings

At both my local stores fittings in bags don't match the description on the card.

22mm x ¾" solder ring connector on the card: 22mm x 22mm solder ring connector in the bag.

22mm x ¾" solder ring connector on the card: 15mm x 10mm street fitting in the bag.

22mm x 22mm solder ring fitting on the card: 22mm x ¾" solder ring connector in the bag.

22mm x ¾" solder ring connector on the card: 22mm x ¾" solder ring connector in the bag - bingo!

These were not isolated instances. Check to see that what you have got is what you thought you were getting.

And to anyone who's going to query the sense in going to Focus - the

22mm x ¾ is £3.70 at my local 'proper' plumbers' merchants and £1.99 at Focus...

Personally I'd rather pay the extra few quid to get the right fitting first time rather than wasting the day to-ing + fro-ing from DoItAll

Most plumbers merchants will give a good level of discount if you just ask.

Reply to
PeTe33

This is the first time I've had to go back. Packaging has been correct on all other visits.

The price I quoted was the discounted trade price.

The way I see it is that trade places don't want the hassle of dealign with Jo Public. If they price things at twice the price but then give traders an account discount, the non-discounted price can be be charged to the end customer.

So if a trademan charges =A3100 for parts and a reasonable amount for labour the customer thinks they've got a good deal despite being stiffed =A350 for the parts.

I've sometimes bought things like boiler spares from the USA and even with shipping they work out 1/4 of the price of anything over here. The USA is a bit more open market than rip-off britain.

Reply to
adder1969

£1.29 if you buy a bag...
Grunff

Any good sources you can share?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Fair enough. I just thought I'd mention it - I'm a big fan of 10 and 25 bags of fittings.

Reply to
Grunff

Thanks - appreciated.

Me too, but it usually runs to elbows and straightforward couplings.

Weirdness ensues at my local plumbing merchant.

12" flexihose, they charge 2.99 each and I wanted 5. Bloke winks at me (I'd previously asked for a trade account form - which I've still not filled in). He said, we'd tell you this in the trade magazine, but we do a bag of 10 for 9.99. So you get them for a quid each. I guess they give you a bag as received from suppliers without breaking it open, but still. My 5 hoses would have cost nearly 15 quid ! Simon.
Reply to
sm_jamieson