Soldering copper pipe to a brass manifold

My CH piping from the end of the 22mm flow and return pipes consists of a couple of 22-22 to 15mm Tees( with a 10mm reducer) but there is also a brass manifold at the end feeding 4 other rads with microbore.
I am thinking of getting rid of this to tidy up what is a bit of a dog's dinner but was wondering ( out of curiosity) as I looked at it what was involved in soldering copper pipe to brass ...are there any tricks to it?
Usenet Nutter wrote:

As easy as soldering copper to copper.
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 15:33:07 +0000, Usenet Nutter wrote:

=============================================== http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing/End+Feed/Manifold+22mm+x+10mm/d2
http://tinyurl.com/yhxphfv
If you mean this type of manifold from Toolstation then the technique is easy. Make up short tails (6" / 12" to suit) of 10mm and a length of 22mm for the other end. Clean, flux and assemble and solder all together concentrating the heat on the brass manifold. When you come to connect each of the tails to its respective radiator use a straight (end feed / Yorkshire) connector to connect to a shaped length of 10mm already connected to the radiator. It doesn't take much heat to solder the straight connectors and the heat is insufficient to disturb the manifold joints.
Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux

Thx for the helpful reply .Sounds easy enough. The links don't take you to an item unfortunately .
The ones fitted are like item No 49887 which I suspect are the ones you saw. http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing//Manifold+22mm+x+10mm/d/sd/p49887
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 20:36:10 +0000, Usenet Nutter wrote:

=============================================== Yes, that's the type I meant to reference. I don't know how I came to give such a completely inaccurate reference.
I should add that the solder and flux are the same as you would use for normal copper to copper joints. There are apparently some brass alloys which won't accept standard solder but obviously the CH manifolds are designed for standard soldering.
Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux
Cicero wrote:

Just for reference, if you want to cite a toolstation.com page, just ditch everything between "shop/" and the last part, so:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing/End+Feed/Manifold+22mm+x+10mm/d20/sd2698/p49887
becomes:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p49887 to go straight to the product page.
Note that the part beginning with "d" is the department code, the part beginning with "sd" is the sub-department code and the part beginning with "p" is the individual product code, so you could have cited the section (i.e. sub-department) with end-feed manifolds as:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/sd2698
HTH
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 18:34:56 +0000, Dave Osborne

The way i did it ( see my link above ) saves any editing of the link and takes you to the product