Projector Power Cable Wanted

I've been looking around T'Internet for a power cable for a projector I found in the street awaiting the Cleansing last week.It's different from the other projectors cable that I have being 2 pin rather than the 3 pin kettle lead type and the 2 pins are slightly further apart.. It's pictured here

any clues .I have tried Ebay,Maplins and also sites with old camera equipment .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Years old, probably maker-specific. Also fails several current regs, as a loose pin-holding screw would then allow the cable to be retracted, leaving a protruding pin held in the (live) cable (I once acquired some old lab kit scrapped for just that reason).

eBay and old Eumig kit

Lidl, where Eumig are now selling tyre inflator compressors, find the contact address and ask.

(my favourite) Refit a modern IEC connector to the old case.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Looks like a 'figure 8' cassette player type connector would possibly fit in the chassis hole as a retro-fit. Does the prohector need earhting?

'scuse the typing, I am under the afflience of incohol.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Bit of an overkill for measuring this socket though...

Reply to
bartc

> Anyone any clues .I have tried Ebay,Maplins and also sites with old

You mean the ones that fit on to the round pins?? If so then no it wouldn't fit apart from the fact these pins are flat they are too far apart . As for earthing ,well the casing is all metal so I'd have expected it to need earthing but I don't have the user manual ....apparently it is a rare projector so it might end up on Ebay as "spares or repair" as I can't (yet) tell if it works .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

You didn't know you could get tape measures 10m long ? ..anyway would a shorter tape have measured it any differently . I suppose you know what you meant or have you been on the sauce ? :-)

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Usenet Nutter saying something like:

No, he means use the complete fig-8 socket and plug as a matched pair. Junk the old socket entirely.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

> Anyone any clues .I have tried Ebay,Maplins and also sites with old

It looks like the earth connection is via the outer edges of the power connector.

As others have suggested, replacing it with an IEC socket would be best, assuming there's enough space (height) for one.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Hi, Looks like the old fashioned American socket...ie you have the male end so you need the socket to plug into the plug. I have one I'll give you if you like... Will check tomorrow and see if the measurements tally. Cheers D

Reply to
gilli

Austrian projector, Eumig P26 - nice! It looks like a special connector though, almost as if the sides are also the earth connection and there is a polarisation notch at the top. If you aren't bothered about keeping it original you may be able to get a modern kettle lead type in there with some effort.

Look on antique photography groups & web sites.

may be able to give some guidance, although they don't supply spares.

Reply to
mick

Yeah I have seen a few listings for this projector and almost all say" "rare" although they still sell cheaply.

There is a "notch" at the top as you say .I did place a kettle lead against the pins to compare the distance between them but they are too far apart to fit ..

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

> Anyone any clues .I have tried Ebay,Maplins and also sites with old

Thx David .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

This looks like the same connector as used on my Eumig P8 which I also acquired as an orphan. Here is the mains connector:

the hope that someone has one in their box of jun^H^H^H "things that will come in handy if I keep them long enough". The pins are

3/4in apart, which looks the same as yours allowing for perspective, but is too wide for an American connector. It is indeed earthed by a wrap-around metal strip.

I guess that living carefully with a couple of insulated croc clips or spade connectors would enable you to see if your projector works. (Mine has a missing bulb and perished belt; both easily obtainable on eBay if I ever get an 8mm film to show :)

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

> Anyone any clues .I have tried Ebay,Maplins and also sites with old

in the hope that someone has one in their box of jun^H^H^H "things

Yup.That looks like what I need ..Can't say i have ever seen one them before

I'll have a thunk about doing that if all else fails . Thx for the info

Reply to
Usenet Nutter