Cable TV, Network, & Power

Hello group.

I'm going to be installing some underground conduit (PVC) approx. 120' for a future shop in back of my property. Will I be inviting any signal or transmission interference problems by running cat5, rg5/6, and electrical in the same conduit?

It's not a problem to keep the electrical feed seperate in another conduit, but I would appreciate any input from the experienced.

Reply to
G Henslee

Against code! Separate the the cat5 and cable from the electrical feed. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I wouldn't want my cat 5 or cable in with that power if I could help it. You'd probably find that computer to be the slowest one on your network and a crappy cable signal. Even shielded cable that has one end grounded isn't recommended to be run with power because of signal integrity issues.

Reply to
cover

If you can find 300 volt rated shielded Ethernet cable, and rg-6 go ahead. I have never seen any so you may be facing an uphill battle.

I would consider 2 conduits. One for low voltage and one for line voltage. Keeping the conduits separated in the trench will help the signals for the low voltage.

Or direct bury the power and conduit the low voltage

Reply to
SQLit

Reply to
G Henslee