Wanted - a louder door chime

That's DIMMs doorbell

Reply to
raden

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote | Ian Stirling contains | > It's gotta be just a matter of time before we get doorbells with | > downloadable ringtones.

One of the Byron ones in B&Q allows you to record your own, I noticed today (they still haven't changed their extension leads display).

| Crocketts, an oldfashioned ironmongers in Glasgow where you can | easily spend hours fossicking about, has a whole department of | very different doorbells, connected up so you can test run | them until the staff lose patience.

B&Q used to have one of those, but they've replaced it with a wimpy low-volume one using recorded sounds.

| My favourite is the hound-from-hell barking dog doorbell...

I once had the intention of making one of the barking dog alarms (probably from Maplin) and wiring it into a PA amplifier.

Owain

Reply to
Owain