ANyone priced up Rads lately?

Domestic situation. 7 rads required. Stelrad Compact type (enclosed convectors)

Screwfix seem the keenest online.

Anyone come across any choice prices or offers?

Cheers

Reply to
EricP

I don't think the Screwfix radiators are made by Stelrad, but they are very cheap. I was going to get some Stelrads from

but instead, I got a better deal on some Biasi rads from my local plumbers merchant.

Dave

Reply to
logized

Try Plumb Centre for current offers

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Looked at Biasi last night.

Cheers for the info :))

Reply to
EricP

W"ill do, they are just down the road :))

Reply to
EricP

Go to your local Grahams with the prices they have to beat.

Reply to
G&M

In article , EricP writes

They're the brand sold by B&Q, so make your own conclusions.

are a discounted seller for Plumbcenter - and I mean 40-60% discount - have a look there & maybe get some quality gear (Stelrad, Myson) at a reasonable price. I bought from them for my system & used Stelrad Elite radiators in the P+ style; that's 2 radiator panels with a single convector element between, which I found less obtrusive that the more commonly used double (panel) convector. See the site for details.

Reply to
fred

Yes, cheers.

This is the sort of info I want. Cheers :))

Reply to
EricP

Bought a screwfix rad about a year ago for the bathroom. I wouldn't recommend them as it's got loads of rust at the bottom now. I wouldn't be surprised if it starts leaking soon.

Got B&Q ones for the rest of the house and they seem fine. I had one in the bathroom for about as long (replaced due to new bathroom) and it didn't rust half as much - although in my opinion if it was of any quality it wouldn't have rusted at all.

Reply to
Brett Jackson

You may have saved me some problems then :))

Reply to
EricP

When I bought a rad from B&Q a year or so back, it was obviously a Stelrad unit. I admit I've not checked since.

Reply to
John Laird

I wouldn't recommend Barlo (as found in Wickes) for the same reason. The paint was clearly applied with the panel sat on its base, leaving a poorly finished bottom seam. I had two rust away in the bathroom as a result. Switched to a Stelrad unit from B&Q. Much better paint finish, although it is noticeably creamy-white. Still, beats rust brown...

Reply to
John Laird

They were selling those off about a year ago and now stock some brand beginning with 'B' but can't remember the whole name. Looked a bit crap IMO.

Reply to
G&M

Fairy nuff.

Reply to