Can anyone recommend a good quality rad?

Hi there, I am looking to purchase a 500 x 1600 mm (or there about) round top radiator but I'm not sure what make to go for - biasi, stelrad, centerrad, myson? What should I be looking for in a rad? Does the btu depend on make or would all 500 x 1600 rads give out the same if the comply with BS EN 442. Also, does anyone know a good online supplier, screwfix don't seem to do one this long. Any recommendations greatly received, as always.

Reply to
newbietothis

Try your local City Plumbing centre, then ask for a trade discount should get a good price.

If you go online find the one you want and take off 76.5% and add vat that should be the approx price.

Reply to
htmark98

I find Wickes the best if they (a) have the size you want (they have a quite limited range of sizes) and (b) have one in stock that hasn't been knocked about. Otherwise Myson and Barlo do them but lots dearer.

Reply to
John Stumbles

I can thoroughly recommend

Street Hoyland Barnsley S74 9LU

T:0870 458 6288 F:01226 747952

Ordered a variety of Stelrad Compact radiators late last yearand they delivered as promised. They also replaced a grill later found to be damaged without any quibbles.

Regards Daniel

Reply to
DFM

A 500 x 1600 rad may come in different types (single, double etc). These would have different power outputs.

PS. Don't buy Purmo rads they are sh*te.

Mark