Loft insulation

Hi

I have read on here that around 200mm of fibreglass insulation is seen as standard. I wanted to insulate my loft with the silver sheets of insulation instead. What is the equivalent thickness in the sheet version?

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
dp

| Hi |=20 | I have read on here that around 200mm of fibreglass insulation is seen | as standard. I wanted to insulate my loft with the silver sheets of | insulation instead. What is the equivalent thickness in the sheet | version?

200mm?

What is the U value of the stuff you want to use, someone can work it out.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop

17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!
Yorkshire Dialect go to
Dave Fawthrop

About 15 miles, we have had a LONG dicussion in the past about that stuff, it MAY have the quoted U value, in exactly the right conditions, which any normal person is unlikley to achieve. With the rockwall, most nomal people can achieve almost perfect installation.

For example you need a 25mm airgap on either side of the silver blanket of still air how do you achieve this ?

Rick

Reply to
Rick