Capping hot water pipe

Hi

My current bathroom hot water piping enters the bathroom on a T joint with one pipe going right angles to the sink and the other goin straight on to the bath. I'm moving the bath towards the sink, and a able to run the bath off the same pipe as the sink. I was just going t cap the remaining pipe, but wondered whether this could cause stagnan water. The nearest place to cap it with relative ease is 1.3m from th T-joint. Is it okay to cap it there, or must I cap it a smalle distance from the T, or replace T-joint with an elbow

-- The Count

Reply to
The Count

By far the best thing would be to replace the tee with an elbow. Otherwise you will have some air trapped in the dead leg which may cause water hammer. It could be a breeding ground for bugs, too.

Reply to
Set Square

Is that right? Never done it myself, but I always thought that

*introducing* a dead leg containing air was a *cure* for water hammer (due to the compressibility of the air acting as a cushion against oscillations in the water?

David

Reply to
Lobster