Buzzing / Vibrating door bell chime??

What is causing a door bell to vibrate and buzz loudly (not normal)?

This was a new chime, low voltage transformer and push button. I've tested: the wires have voltage at the transformer, button and chime.

When the chime was installed and power turned on it vibrates to beat the band.

Thanks.

Oren

Reply to
Oren

There shouldn't be voltage at the chime unless the button is pressed. Sounds like the wire got crushed and shorted somewhere.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

The wire is CAT 5, so I can change "pairs" (on Monday) I'm helping a friend at her rental, after the fact.

Thanks.

Oren

Reply to
Oren

Be careful not to put doorbell voltage on the phone line :)

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

Noted... I think these as dedicated wire runs and not involved with any other wiring, but I will check it.

Oren

Reply to
Oren