old door chime

Hi, I'm wanting to replace my old door chime with something a little newer.

I've taken the casing off the old one now and instead of terminals labelled front, trans, rear or equivalent, there's four terminals numbere 0-3.

0 has one white and one black wire connected; 1 has no wires 2 has single white; 3 has single black;

Rather than try to figure this out and have my visitors bursting in to flames on the front step, I thought i'd better ask the experts here! Which of these terminals are equivalent of front, back (there's no backboor chime) and trans.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Reply to
tony c

If it's a ding-dong, chime, you only need two wires to activate it. If it plays a melody, it needs constant feed 16 volts, and a momentary switch contact for each, front and rear buttons

Reply to
RBM