Who remember's the front door in Family Affair?

I just recently purchased a mid-century modern built in 1966. I desperately want to install a door knob in the center of door. This would require a throw bolt of about 16 to 18 inches.

I've Googled the web and the newsgroups and all I can find are centre door pulls from the UK and they are merely decorative.

Does anyone know what these centered door knobs were called? Even better, does anyone know where I can find one? (ebay is a bust at the moment)

Reply to
Blowfly

The long link used to provde extended backset is called an extension link. The most commonly seen size is 5". Although I have never done it, I think you can put multiple extension links in series to get the backset you need.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

A Sebastian Cabot Bolt?

Reply to