Front door source?

My new front porch/ cloakroom ended up with, due to a 'mismanagement-up' a
larger than expected door way.
I managed to find a door frame to fit and fitted it. This was made by
Jeld-Wen. The door required is 6ft 6" by 3ft. ( 78" by 36".)
Couldn't find a door that size in the Jeld-Wen catalogue. So I phoned them,
nope they don't do one.
Local joiners have a lead time of 6 weeks and I could do with it a.s.a.p.
I've Googled unsuccessfully. Can anyone point me to a door manufacturer that
does this size door.
Thanks
mark
Reply to
Mark
some which are 36 inches, but are longer. I just bought a door from them - I had to wait a while to get it though. If you call them they can see what they have - their prices are good - paid around £75 less than other online sites for a £400 door.
Reply to
Maria
What style are you looking for? It's not a standard size, so you'll probably have to have one made or adapt something.
The easiest ways of adapting things are either to buy a door blank (7ft x 3ft) and cut it down, or buy a 33" x 78" in the style you want and use hardwood lipping to increase it on both sides. Whether either option can look right depends on the style you're aiming for.
Reply to
auctions

Site Timeline Threads