Walls overboarded, drywall backboxes?

I can't see a problem,

But if you've overboarded a wall with foam and plasterboard, are drywall backboxes OK (regs wise) for sockets?

Reply to
R D S

Yes, but you will have to trim back the insulation, so the box ears can fit in. It may be easier to fit metal boxes. if you have a solid back to screw them to.

Reply to
Alan

You are quite right. I seem to have delevoped an aversion to noise and mess though. I'm getting soft.

Reply to
R D S

I fitted metal back boxes on the original wall with conduit, and then cut out a rectangular hole in the 'celotex' to fit around it.

Reply to
Andrew