Wagobox - XLA versus XL

I've been trying to work out the difference between the Wagobox XL and XLA boxes without much success. I *think* the difference is that they are designed to take different connectors but I can't find anywhere that tells me which is which. Even the Wago website is far from explicit.

Can anyone confirm which connectors work in which box please?

Reply to
Chris Green

<q>

Wagobox (the standard size box) is only for 222 and 773 series connectors Wagobox XL is for the 221 and 2273 series connectors Wagobox XLA is for the 222 and 773 series connectors (this does not yet appear to be approved for maintenance free use)

So, there is no standard sized box that can take the slimline 221 and

2273 series connectors in a maintenance free mode. You would have to use a Wagobox XL which is nearly twice the price of a standard box.

Edit:- To be clear... the list of connectors above is when using in maintenance free mode. They do have sleeves available that allow you to use 221 and 2273 series connectors in the Wagbox and Wagobox XLA but from their own instructions, these cannot be used in maintenance free mode. </q>

From here:

Richard

Thank you, that clarifies everything. I don't really need Maintenance Free, just something easy to use. In particular my current wiring up the toilet extract fan and main light using Quinetic switches needs lots of wires commoned which is dead easy with Wago 222 conectors and a real pain trying to do with conventional junction boxes.

Reply to
Chris Green

The Wagobox XL and XLA are manufacutured by Connexbox Ltd and you can see the manufacturers info about the two boxes (and others) at

(though not in a table form so as to be able to compare directly, which would be helpful).

Reply to
Olly