W10 update oddities

Last update, a few weeks ago, both of my laptops lost my subscribed to newsgroups in Mesnews. I had to resubcribe to them all on both laptops. There were other oddities too, before and after the update.

I have brought this laptop out of hibernation to find the screen display was entirely monotone (white and sepia), on checking a little closer, it had another big update to install. As soon as I clicked reboot and update, the screen colours returned to normal. Is this MS's new way to indicate an update install is needed?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Who knows with them. The main reason I'm still using 7 is that it seems Microsoft reinvent Windows every6 months or so, and as a Person who has to have a highly customised system it adds lots of extra work for me every time, not to mention the fact that it always trashes my email in the process as it does not like me using legacy email clients from Microsoft even though they work perfectly well and present me with the same interface I am used to. Their current email client is a joke as it has no newsgroups and seems to not have any message rules either. heap of shit. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

MS mess about with drivers. Replace them with something that doesn't work properly and then replace the original driver with the next update. It is long over due that the EU gave them a very large fine.

Reply to
Martin