VOC2010

I am currently using a 1l tin of paint marked VOC2010. Am I right in thinking that this is a low greenhouse gas forumulation.

After 24hrs it is still not dry enough to rub down before overcoating.

The tin is marked Dulux TRADE. Are professionals really going to be happy to have to wait several days before continuing the job. I certainly wouldn't fancy leaving doors etc with wet paint for a prolonged period of time and exect them to be free of dust by the time the have dried.

Are the greenhouse gases saved in the paint more than enought to compensate for the extra greenhouse gases released by leaving the heating on to encourage it to dry?

Reply to
Andrew May

Yup. And is it gloss and it white? If yes check google yellowing dulux gloss. All 2010 solvent borne paints, particularly gloss and particularly dulux, yellow.

Reply to
Charles

Fortunately it is a dark grey, so should be OK on that score at least.

Reply to
Andrew May

Good on you. On the other issues, what you described is true :-(

Cheers Charles

Reply to
Charles