virgin telephones

In message , tony sayer writes

All of the above

Well impressed with them

Reply to
geoff

Thanks for the warning Adam. I'll ring them Thursday and find out what it is. A quick google didn't turn much up and I have other priorities on my mind now.

Just found out about 2 hours ago, the rug rats are not going home until

2 weeks after I thought they were, so I have to forward plan a whole new set of menu's.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Pretty much. But the street cab is usually a lot closer than the BT exchange. Also they won't connect you if there's going to be any degradation from the coax run, so the coax isn't the bottleneck. ADSL, on the other hand, will connect you on almost any cable run but with significant speed degradation even on short runs. You don't get to find out your ADSL speed until you have subscribed, while for Virgin if you can get any connection it'll be at the full advertised speed (for the local connection anyway - routing to the internet is entirely another question, for any ISP).

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Phoned them up 24 hours later for the code and telephone number to call to activate it and they told me it was up and running :-))

Dave

Reply to
Dave

They must do it automatically now then. Probably sick of people ringing up and asking why it was not working:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Too true. That was helpful.

Reply to