vertical blinds

Hello,
SWMBO would like some vertical blinds.
I have used google and found several internet sellers but they all seem to sell blinds that are cord operated. I am told there are one or two deaths per year in Staffordshire (where we are) of children getting caught in the cords, and as we have a toddler, would prefer blinds with a wand rather than cord.
There were some wanded ones at Dunelm but then they discontinued the shade the boss liked.
Can anyone recommend any seller of blinds either bricks and mortar or internet/mail order, preferably with wand operation?
I hope it's not OT, there is a DIY element: I would be fitting them.
Thanks, Stephen.

Stephen
snip
Didn't I read somewhere that the now-recognised danger of children hanging themselves in the bottom loop of the cords had prompted manufacturers to provide a fixed ring to screw to the window frame at the bottom of the cord so it doesn't hang loose? Certainly some blinds we bought from IKEA had them.
Stephen (another one)
On 02/06/2011 21:58, Stephen Mawson wrote:

All the blinds I've fitted in the last few years (shed loads) have had this feature.
TBH most plastic blind brackets are so flimsy, they would break at the slightest amount of pressure.

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 08:06:10 +0100, The Medway Handyman

My suppliers list has the following under the "wand control" heading:
Trade Supplier but I believe John Lewis stock this brand: http://www.silentgliss.co.uk/go/Products/Venetian+Blind+Systems/Wand+operated
House of Blinds - sell to the public http://www.houseofblinds.co.uk/6.html
Faber - I believe these sell to the public http://www.faberblinds.co.uk/Default.aspx?IDd04
HTH Jake

What's the point of avoiding the cords when the child could hang himself from the loops that hold the blind together at the bottom? In any case its not the blinds fault that the parents left their child unattended.
You can do what every parent knows (but frequently don't do) and keep the cords out of reach.

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:39:47 +0100, Stephen wrote:

Can't find any non-corded ones, but you can always use a loop as suggested.
I thoroughly recommend http://www.blindsmadeasy.co.uk ... no connection other than as a satisfied customer.
Blinds in any size you like, instant quote online. Good prices, choice of whether you want the gear on left or right, and whether you want external (frame) mounting or internal (recess) fitting - this all just affects the size. Quick delivery, very well packed, good quality (a B&Q one fell apart in just over a year, the replacement from blindsmadeeasy has lasted much, much longer.
I have called customer service twice. Once was because they'd changed a bracket design and the instructions didn't quite match. The woman who answered explained it over the phone. I did have the plastic acorn on the end of a cord split once; they sent two new ones FOC by first class post.
We have several of their blinds, ranging from enormous to very small; all are great. I should say that all ours are horizontal, but that's pretty irrelevant.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

There is an 'e' missing from that link - try:
http://www.blindsmadeeasy.co.uk /
--

Terry

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 11:44:55 +0100, Terry Casey wrote:

Thanks...!
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org
On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:39:47 +0100 Stephen wrote :

When I was doing up my UK home I fitted vertical blinds from http://www.blindsmadeeasy.co.uk/vertical-blinds/ and was very satisfied.
I've just worked on a Habitat house build here and the blind cord loops were run through a loop screwed to the reveal. Less user friendly but toddler safe.
--
Tony Bryer, Greentram: 'Software to build on', Melbourne, Australia
www.superbeam.co.uk www.eurobeam.co.uk www.greentram.com