Vegan children have stunted growth

whereas. I was in hospital with Legionella.

Reply to
charles

And in Scotland, massively subsidised by the taxpayer.

Reply to
Andrew

The idea is we (those who care about the miss/treatment of animals in

2021) aim high then it's not so much of an issue if we fall short. So, if we say 'none' we mean 'as few as possible' and whilst a single unnecessary death is still one too many, we would start with those creatures who also live the worst 'lives' first and work back from there.

So, yer stereotypical (2% representative) beef cow raised on grass (and ignoring the fact that it's killed whilst very young, making the death particularly 'unkind') would be further down the 'list' than those who spend their (short) lives in a concrete feed lot (inc in the UK).

Regarding sanity, I think most people would judge the idea of killing something when it's death wasn't necessary might put a question mark on the sanity of such a choice? Well, till you tell them it's for 5 minutes of taste and *specifically* that they don't have to see, let alone do it themselves ...

History will tell just how sane we have been ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I can't think of much 'back on topic' than smoking and the stunted growth in children but it's good to see you are treating everone here equally.

Or is it that you only read what *I* type?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Acceptable if they are also re-wilding and putting less destructive demand on the land?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Are you joking ?. They are paid by the taxpayer to keep Highland coos, a few sheep and possibly one or two pigs. And not for pets because in that part of the world you cannot grow crops and survive.

Reply to
Andrew
<snip>

Yes, 'subsistence.

But you don't need to if you are getting grants for you to re-wild and sensitively 'manage' the environment?

And they do have shops in Scotland now you know? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

why not post a link to something from 2017?

Richard

Irony alert - you left out the "vegan" part and have gone into full-on anti smoking (how quaint). Soon we'll be on the cat improvements to your humble abode and garden.

I read a lot of other stuff. Your evangelism is what irks me. If you were a Jehovah's Witness I could live with that because I'd just shut the door and you'd be gone. You are much worse, in that you simply cannot take a hint. You cannot even see that you are alienating people who are much more tolerant of your crap than I can ever be.

Reply to
Richard

What, and I started that did I?

Your bigotry seems to have some bounds at least (it's only me).

I will?

Doesn't look like it from here.

Oh, what, and you think that would bother me?

And you don't have the equivalent here with a killfile. If you need some help with that ...

A hint that you don't like the facts I state?

Well, if your engagement with me here is anything to go by it's no loss from this POV and all the rest who actually 'get' someone can have a different POV seem to still be having grown-up conversations with me.

So, go on, you have the power (really) ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Tad sensitive today Tim? You really should learn to chill at your age. Of course I can have sensible conversations with people from all walks of life. There are those however, who I cannot engage without prejudice. It is the zealot types. You know, the people who are religious fanatics or openly stupid to the point of not knowing that they are fanatics. As I said, chill.

Reply to
Richard
<snip>

You really (like many of the other trolls) have no idea about people do you?

If I was any more laid back I'd fall over. Just did a nice pasta meal (her fave), had a vegan Magnum chock ice for pudding and I'm about to start my second beer.

Where did I say that you couldn't? Just that you can't do that with me for your own personal / problem reasons.

Yes, I've noticed, you ought to chill mate.

Oh?

Yeah, don't trust em myself ... I can't trust someone that can't be seen with my own eyes, like an innocent animal collapsing to it's knees before having it's throat cut, just for being what some people consider to be 'food'?

I just did dinner using half a bag of the Plant Pioneers mince and I really can't say I could tell the difference between that and the stuff that was from a mined up animal carcase (other than there were no bits of gristle, bone, eyeballs or aresholes in it).

Yup, I've dealt with you remember so I'm used to that. ;-)

I guess if you are on the back foot, feeling guilty about your lifestyle choices then 'of course you would see someone who *doesn't* want to say cause animals unnecessary suffering, exploitation and death as some sort of fanatic. Arse backwards or what!

As I said, I'm so chilled I don't feel the urge to cause animals unnecessary pain, suffering and death, just because I like how their cooked flesh tastes when there are plenty of alternatives.

How about you Richard, could you be that chilled?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Erm, I did, because that was when the film was made? You aren't very bright are you mate? ;-(

I can't open that on here for some reason but I'm sure it's insightful / funny / sad / clever.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

The usual technique is bit-wise slow changes. Going for broke tend to leave you penniless and achieving nothing.

Does this mean you'll going to support initiative that improve animal welfare? For you that will be a first.

I don't think the dead cow is going to be very aware of anything.

Not just taste, but all those nutrients we don't get from plant food. Without which a child's brain development is stunted.

Quite.

In your dreams.

Reply to
Fredxx

That's right, we now know that children are damaged by eating an exclusively plant food diet.not eating meat and meat products.

It's called progress.

Reply to
Fredxx

It's still a waste of resources whether people choose subsistence farming or are forced into it.

....resulting in stunted growth and low intelligence.

Reply to
Spike

Now comes T i m ' s qualifiers to shore up his argument...

"...current use... ...realistic time-scale... ...level of bio-diversity... ...sensible discussion..."

...none of which were previously mentioned.

Reply to
Spike

You make them sound like Frankenfoods.

Waffle.

Reply to
Spike

And answer came there none...

Reply to
Spike

And we will learn better from this, too. In fact, it's already started - we now know that vegan diets result in stunted growth and lowered intelligence, and it seems they may be banned for children and pets. We are slowly getting there, no thanks to you - you're rather similar in manner to the cognitive-dissonant smoker of yesteryear.

Reply to
Spike