Vacuum cleaner recommendations ?

This.

Reply to
Huge

We don't all live in a pigsty :->

Mostly, it's really just dust and fluff ...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Anything except a Dyson. Very expensive, falls to pieces in no time at all.

Vax is the most reliable make I've ever seen.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Another vote for the miele here, it crams a lot into the bags, they come out weighing a ton and rock hard, though I try to use a shagged-out wet'n'dry electrolux for heavy DIY clean-up (miele bags are too expensive to clog with plaster dust etc) never used a bagless in anger so can't compare.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Indeed!

Reply to
RJH

That surely depends only on the brush attachment you use, which are usually swappable with other makes (possibly with an adapter).

Reply to
Uncle Peter

It probably won't. Dust is quite compactable. Things like dysons don't compact the dust at all so they fill up very quickly. I use about 4 bags a year on my sebo, they would last longer but they get heavy when they fill. You can get a few kg in a bag. I would estimate that if you sucked the dirt out of a full dyson cylinder into a sebo bag you it would take about 100 goes to be anywhere near full.

Reply to
dennis

+1 for Miele (we have the cat and dog cylinder one).

As too bag use, well that rather depends on the use. We ahve a pretty large 4 bed house, with kids and cats etc (and get through rather more than 3 a year. It's going to be rather different for a single person, in a smaller property on the whole.

Though also +1 for Dyson - we still have a Dyson cylinder one, but had problem with it and needed a vac ion a hurry - so got the Miele from Argos. Fixed the Dyson, but prefer the Miele because it's a cylinder so still mostly use that

Reply to
chris French

No, think they are pretty poor performance wise (having used one as part of my job most days for a few years). They are tough and reliable and well priced, and I think that is the attraction

Reply to
chris French

OK - so they are good value but don't work. That was my conclusion...

Reply to
Tim Watts

"dennis@home" wrote in news:53247495$0$61504$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Surely the bag is a filter - if it is filling up it cannot be as effective as an empty one. If the dust is compressed then even more ineffective.

Reply to
DerbyBorn