Using a roof ladder as a conventional ladder

I've got one of these Lyte TRL 240 roof ladders:

I bought it for a DIY job that I never got round to. A relative is looking for a standard extension ladder. Would it be safe to remove the roof-specific fittings and use it like a normal ladder? Those round steps look a bit slippery for near-vertical use.

Reply to
LumpHammer

Not designed for that sort of load so strength will be an issue. Wrong rung profile. Won't be rigid. Feet will be wrong.

Sell it if you don't want it.

Bill (on ladders every day since 19 nought blob.)

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No not really... you might get away with it if you are a feather weight but they are not designed for a bending load in the way a normal ladder is.

Reply to
John Rumm

In article , LumpHammer scribeth thus

I personally wouldn't;(!...