Urgent : Emergency light beeping

Hi All

I've just received a call from someone at our office that one of the emergency backup lights is beeping every so often.

About 5 beeps in succession every couple of minutes and very loud.

I am currently miles away and cannot pop in to take a look. Not my area of expertise anyway.

Does anyone know what is causing it and if it is possible to silence it, if only temporarily?

This is the type of thing

not sure if this beeping one is maintained or non-maintained.

Any help appreciated. TIA

Reply to
Kalico

Without seeing it it's a bit difficult to diagnose, but my best guess is that it's a warning sound telling you that the emergency battery / backup battery is non functional. Smoke alarms do pretty much the same thing when the batteries are nearing the end of their life. Emergency lights have mains power and batteries which are recharged via the mains, but they don't last forever...AFAIK you can't stop the beeping until the batteries or charger are replaced.

HTH

Reply to
Phil L

Thanks for that.

The best I can get from searching the net is that it could be the type of bulkhead fitting that self-tests every 30 days or so and if a problem is found then it beeps away.

If it is that type of fitting then it may be possible to shut it up by pressing a certain button for 15 or so seconds. That silences it until its next self-test 30 days later.

I've told the guys to try it and we'll see. Then I just have to find what's wrong with it when I return.

Cheers

Reply to
Kalico

I suspect the sound is coming from something else.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Aha! Use:

Chris Bacon