Uplighter Transformer

Anyone know where I might procure one of these in the UK ?

's the ELV Transformer (12v PSU) from a 2 lamp uplighter.

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

plenty of similar units from any electrical distributor

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

shaun

Are you serious? Looks pretty one off to me. Did you read the spec?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Gents,

Thanks for the pointers but I don't think this is quite the thing I'm looking for...

This is a transformer that is embedded in an uplighter ...

this sort of thing..

There are two knobs on one side...

Thanks anyway... Roy

Reply to
RzB

Won't the company whose website you gave supply one?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You would think so wouldn't you! They are in the middle of China - they haven't replied to emails yet

- ever hopeful :-)

I'm loath to try phoning them!!

I have of course been talking drivel... this is not a 12v Transformer - it's a 240v dimmer... Lamps are 240v!

If only we could remember where we purchased it! They may be able to help...

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

There is an 'add to basket' facility which suggests they do retail sales. Might be a gambol trying it, though.

It appears to be a combined 12 volt SMPS and dimmer with two outputs at 12 and 240 volts, which suggests two types of bulbs in the fitting.

It might also be possible to repair it. Is it totally dead? If so the likely culprit will be the triac/diac combination. But only a guess.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

===snip

Yes - I agree that it's probably one of the triacs. However I really don't want to dig that deep if I can help it! It's a partial failure... The main (mother) light on the top is dead, whilst the (child) reading light is OK.

I think I might be getting closer to locating a source in the UK - all depends on a phone call from youngest son (who owns the light) this evening and a call to retailer tomorrow. Yes, we found the original receipt - took some time...!!!! - Given it is two years old, that says something for my wife's filing system :-)

Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

OK - Very successful outcome...

Spoke to the UK distributor of the light who turns out to be DAR Lighting of Banbury. They were a bit non comittal on the phone and I wasn't expecting too much. They took my number and address and said they would get back to me.

In the post this morning - with a compliments slip - a brand new part!!!!

Excellent service...

Roy

Reply to
RzB

The message from "RzB" contains these words:

Isn't it nice when suppliers remember what they're there for! Well done DAR Lighting of Banbury.

If only that little tit pretending to be a happy customer would see how it's done.

Reply to
Guy King

Well done indeed. That's how to build up a good reputation.

You surely don't mean Adam from Lazy Records and Lumos Lighting of Newcastle upon Tyne, who posted to this group pretending to be a satisfied customer?

John

Reply to
John White

The message from John White contains these words:

That dodgy bunch? Are they still going?

Reply to
Guy King