U-Bend disaster; fess up or keep schtum?

But that's why women have smaller feet. :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Oi!

Reply to
Ophelia

I must be particularly obtuse right now because I can't make any sense of that -even if it were true.

And at the moment I'm not talking about feet, I still have two hooks extending from my toes, I thought they'd be pulled out today. I'm too old for body piercing.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Women. Small feet, flat bellies, get close to sink.

Men, big bellies, sticky out bits lower down, big feet. Arms bent, back arched. Back ache. Do I have to say any more :-)

Why hooks from the toes :-(((((

Reply to
Dave

To connect to the new fixings in the kitchen? ;-)

(Ducks).

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh - but doesn't all floor standing kitchen equipment have kick spaces? They do in our house. My feet are small but so are Spouses. My belly is bigger than his - he hasn't got one.

My point is that sinks should be designed so that tyhese things don't happen. If you have to lean over a sink that's bad. When we installed ours I insisted that it was the right height for me - that wasn't the standard/recommended height but it's been fine for me.

Watch out for mail.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No, to hang bells from so that I have music wherever I go ...

We don't have them.We have hens but not in the kitchen and they're not laying.

Are yours?

Watch out for mail.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Forgot to say that No 3 son and Spouse want to hang me over the bath to hose me down - I'm not supposed to get them wet.

They should make these things from stainless, not mild steel which rusts.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Pics returned, if you want to see you'll have to mail me your address.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's the same in this house :-) Well, nearly ;-)

snip

This is why, when I did our kitchen a few years ago, I insisted on changing some things. Wife was not to keen about the changes until she found out some things were made easier to do, like standing at the sink. The only thing I failed on was stopping her banging her head on the extractor door. I may have put the wall mounted cupboards just a little to low. I did that so that we could reach the top shelves without resorting to steps.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

We don't have wall cupboards because I think open doors on them are dangerous. And unecessary. We haveopen shelves for crockery with pans on thetopshelf. It works for us but I know that a lot of people don't like to see such things. When a son gave me a cooker hood/extractor I insisted that it wasn't low enough for anyone who's likely to use the cooker to hit their head on.A sharp metal corner could do damage. Since we're a short family it isn't very high ...

We have a pantry for food so that's not exposed to view :-)

Frankly, I'd be happy not to have the cooker hood :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Why would you want to use the cooker to hit your head on?

Isn't the wall good enough any more? :-)

I suppose it's still nice when you stop, though.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Everyone needs a hobby.

Can't get to it. It's a very small kitchen and there are fixtures all round except where the doors are.

I bow to your greater experience:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's not a very good idea.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Even for the dried rubbish sold in the UK?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Andy - how do you know it's rubbish?

tum te tum ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No different from the dried pasta sold throughout Italy. Same brands, same product.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

So you mean don't rinse regardless of whether it's fresh or dried?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I meant in comparison with the fresh stuff.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No. Shake it in the colander over the sink a couple of times, that's all you need. I think that perhaps some very cheap lines of spaghetti might shed a lot of starch into the water, but I've never seen it myself.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida