Loo blue cage gone past U-bend :(

Yesterday SWMBO noticed the toilet was emptying slowly.

Pressed for time, I quickly ran a coiled wire through the ubend, and seemed to clear it - water is going properly now.

It was only today I realised the plastic rim block cage had disappeared ...

Assuming it was what I pushed through yesterday, what are the chances I will be revisiting the issue in months ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Jethro_uk wrote in news:o6qc6v$35u$2@dont- email.me:

Stop using them! Never ever had one and don't intend to now. Never had a loo-brush either. Domestos as needed!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

chuck a pellet in te cistern instead

or squirt bleach in overnight weekly

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

To clear a toilet all you need is a mop with the head in a strong plastic bag, Pull bag tight round handle and tape up. Pump this vigorously in the toilet. Usually clears it.

Reply to
harry

Jethro_uk wrote in news:o6qc6v$35u$2@dont- email.me:

Depends how far down it's gone. Once it lands in the street sewer it'll probably make its way to the sewage plant. Or it'll be someone else's problem.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Years ago in my old home we had a new bathroom fitted. The cistern was full of blue gunk from those round blue bog flushing things.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Nothing beats a proper loo brush. Chemicals aren't as good as physical brushing.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Domestos squirted down once per day beats a loo brush with bits of shit on it being kept in a bathroom. And don't say that a good whoosh in the bog cleans the shit of it, it don't.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Bleach won't knock of bits of shit. It's just a germ killer. I can't recall ever seeing anyone's bathroom without a loo brush.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Chuck a few sheets of bog roll down and shit on that. Flush = no shit on the pan. Use Domestos before you go to bed, nice clean bog. Cheap bleach is useless. There is no need to have a toilet brush with bits of shit on it in your home, uggg, very pikey.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Most shit goes in the water and doesn't leave a mark.

Every day?!

It can also brush off the slime which bleach will not.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Errr, I sincerely hope so!

Why not? It's only about a quid for a bottle. Shirley you can afford this.

Slime? You have slime in your bog???!!!! Good grief!!!!!

I clean our bathroom once per week. You?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Then why the bog roll?

Sounds like a hassle to me.

No, because I use a brush.

Whenever it looks dirty.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The shit drops on to it, thus the shit does not hit or stain the bottom of the bog. I know that you are trolling.

Takes about 8 seconds.

Too brush away the slime which is in your bog.

Which is?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Mine does - there's invariably a large splodge of it on one side (always the same side) of the bowl. I presume I have a lopsided bumhole. I always mean to use the sheets of bog paper trick and I always forget until afterwards.

Reply to
NY

Putting it in the dish washer does.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

You just agreed most drops into the water without leaving a mark.

And completely unnecessary.

And is collecting in yours.

Dunno, I don't keep notes.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

ROTFPMSL!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

nyone's bathroom without a loo brush.

Totally agree - brushes are vile.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Do you wash your dishes simply by spraying detergent onto them, or do you rub?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword