Two Jags, Two chins and now...

...two women, LOL!

Here's hoping the press have a field day with Part P-rescott.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I believe you meant to say "two shags". ;-)

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I can't find a picture. "Two Hags?"

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Just think about the woman, her 'street cred' just went through the floor...

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

Don't think she had much to start with, she's a fat bint with a lorry driver (ex)boyfriend who lives in Bordon, chav capital of Hampshire.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I hope their guide dogs didn't get into a fight.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How about her cuckolded bloke - can't do much for his self esteem either! According to the presenter on the radio I heard prattling on about it, reading out the article from one of the tabloids, he seemed less concerned with the actual infidelity, more that it was with John Prescott!

[And I'm sure there's a "Part P" gag here - just can't think of one....]

David

Reply to
Lobster

Oh joy, joy. Clarke lets the crims out, now Prescott is as philandering as Blunketto.

Now if I can just fix one _tiny_ problem (and there's no way I'm going to tell any of you lot what that is!) I'll be having a perfect week.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Then there's Kinnock and Hewitt.

Oh joy!

We don't need it! Sufficient unto the day ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hmm, call me cynical but I think Big Ears problems have been engineered to provide somewhere for Prescott to hide.

Why has Noddy fitted 5-lever mortice locks to his house?

Because big ears let the criminals out!

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Tony blair doesn't know whether to draw a line under it, or tie a knot in it.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

I think the only thing that will make a perfect week for me is getting rid of the whole lot of 'em.

... and to find out what happened to my credit rating.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Assuming the replacements aren't worse. For those with short memories, this is the longest period of sustained growth and near stable interest rates in living memory. High taxation, maybe, but the Tories ain't promising any cuts.

Oh dear. I had that problem once. Applied for an extra credit card before going abroad. My usual one is Visa and I wanted a MasterCard too. I own my own house with no mortgage and have no debts. Reasonable income too which my accountant could verify. The credit card company couldn't find any details on me so only offered the minimum limit - something like 100 quid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's the problem.

I was discussing things with a financial advisor recently and he said he has come across a number of such cases where people have paid off all their debts. A few years later they suddenly need a loan in a hurry to mend the roof, or some such, and they have dropped off the credit rating radar screens and it becomes very difficult to find a lender. The computers says no because it hasn't been programmed to recognise prudence.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Yes, and what was that built on?

You need to have a longer memory to know that - and not to be taken in by B&B

I think you need to have more debt to have more credit. They're not interested in folk like us who don't pay interest.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Doesn't seem to matter if it works.

Then how come the Tories never managed anything like it? They certainly managed sky high interest rates and inflation. And at a time when North Sea oil output was at a peak.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Because they lost out for Labour - sorry, NEW Labour (nothing like Real Labour) - to inherit the results of the work they'd done.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mine's not so short I've forgotten Peugeot and the rest.

It's all on borrowed money. Usually money borrowed from abroad.

you close down a coal mine and open a shopping mall on the site (even Europe's biggest mall) selling trainers which have cost £1.50 made by child labour in Vietnam, but which the punters pay £75/pair with their credit cards it's easy for the shop units to make a profit if they pay minimum wage rates to the shop assistants.

It's easy for the whole mall to make a profit and make "Growth".

Spot the fallacy.

Ditto the buy to let building boom. OTT prices paid by borrowing on the speculation that in future they'll show a "loadsamoney" profit.

Unsafe to have growth in the economy dependant on speculative bubbles, and elective/fashionable spending on credit.

Unseemly to have growth in the economy depending on big retail operators making a 5,000 % profit on jeans, T shirts, and trainers at the cost of children in the third world..

Whilst nearly all ordinary people are squeezed out of getting a first house of their own. Even the poorest grottiest Victorian slum houses where the bombers lived in Beeston are Ca. £110k that would take much more than 2 average local salaries to get a maximum (3x) mortgage. Low inflation means that their mortgage won't be eroded away by inflation as was the case in my generation (not advocating inflation here BTW. It's just how we survived with enough money to bring the kids up). They'll still be struggling in 10+ years time.

A world wide phenomena.

They can't , Labour have been in power for 9 years now, the tide is now going out beneath our feet.

We *Are* being left "High and Dry". :-(

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

I like Two-Jags. My hero.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I AM NOT A FINANCIAL ADVISOR .... or some such :) But; I was advised to accept the offer by the Building Society to store and retain the Title Deeds to 'the house'. For a reasonable annual charge they keep them safe 'somewhere oop't'north', but if either my wife or I _need_ to raise cash in short order (say; to mend the roof or somesuch) the statement was that a mortgage would be offered quickly as 'they' know the history and have the deeds already. the is supposed to obviate the scenario described above

Reply to
Brian Sharrock