Trunking (coiled)

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:28:06 +0100 someone who may be Andy Hall wrote this:-

Nice try. Of course if it is warmer in your country then that would make the trunking softer and thus less likely to twist.

Reply to
David Hansen

So there must be some other explanation.

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:28:11 +0100, Andy Hall mused:

Maybe it really is just crap?

Reply to
Lurch

Either that or perhaps they dip it in whisky to passify it in the northern region

Reply to
Andy Hall

Your experiences seem to differ from mine and those of other posters.

If you can't see the difference, I suppose it won't worry you that it doesn't give as neat a finish as extruded trunking.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:20:14 +0100 someone who may be "nightjar" wrote this:-

It would be very boring if everyone had the same experiences.

There is no difference.

Of course if both sorts are not installed properly then they will not look as neat. The ways in which they don't look as neat vary, but they both don't look neat.

Reply to
David Hansen

> And/or does B&Q stock it, or the non-coiled 3m length stuff (16x16mm, > 16x25mm)?

Talking of the non-coiled trunking (16 and 25mm), how flexible is it? Will it bend enough to be transported in your 'average' car?

Reply to
Grumps

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:10:27 +0100, "Grumps" mused:

>>> And/or does B&Q stock it, or the non-coiled 3m length stuff (16x16mm, >> 16x25mm)?

Yeah, but it does tend to retain some of its bendiness if it's left in there for a while.

Reply to
Lurch

Well what is an average car these days, Ford Ka - no, Ford Fiesta or Vauxhall Nova - probably not, Vauxhall Vectra - yes.

Reply to
:Jerry:

There is to me.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 00:52:41 +0100 someone who may be "nightjar" wrote this:-

Repeatedly asserting that there is a difference to the finished appearance is not a convincing argument.

Reply to
David Hansen

Denying that there is any difference, simply because you cannot see any, does not change the fact that I can.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar