Trimmer spool

Basically on my trimmer, the plastic/wire spool doodah has disappeared on one side, I have try to bump it get more out but only one side has come out.

Any ideas on how to get the other side back out, its almost new and doesn't seem to come apart :(

Reply to
Pete

This has got to be one of the most fitting posts where the reply RTFM is appropriate :)

it has to come apart, or how do you put more line on the spool? i guess there could be a strimmer out there where you have to buy a new head complete when the line runs out, but i wouldent imagine many people would knowingly buy it.

on my very cheap strimmer (£10 from lidl!! i only have to strim about 25 foot in total, so not worth spending more for me) you hold the base of the head, and twist the spool cover, and off it pops, iirc there are pictograms on the spool cover to show you what to do,

Reply to
Gazz

Mine is the cheapy from b&q. Hmmm I think I chucked the manual out lol.

I'll have another go tomorrow at taking it apart.

Reply to
Pete

Is that the 250 Watt one? If so, the plastic string seems to be in a sealed cassette which fits into the head. Thirteen quid for the strimmer and a tenner for the cassette.

Reply to
John Williamson

Thats the one. And I thought I was saving money buying it.... hmmm the cheap skate in me has cost myself more money with this one lol ... Might be time to get decent one with easy refils. That said I shall try to dismantle the casette and see if I can refil it :)

Reply to
Pete

Angle grinder!

Reply to