Trigger Spray - How does it work please?

This is a cheapskate post. Bought one of those 'Hozelock' spraymist things the other day so my dearest can spray her Gardenias. It cost of all 98p from BQ and when I got it home, it doesn't work (well, it does occasionally but mostly not).

Having taken it apart I can't see anything that would stop it working. When you pull the trigger the little plastic tube inside goes up and down and everything seems tight, brand new and tickety boo.

Whats the principle these things work on? I presume it's some sort of pressure but is it pressure in the vessel forcing water up the tube or is it a vacuum in the tube which is the operative force?

I know, I know. it's only 98p and I could take it back but the refund queue at B&Queue is always horrendous and anyway, my father was a haggis...

xav

Reply to
Meoww

Vacuum in the tube - should still work if the top is unscrewed

They are a bit hit and miss aren't they. Let us know how you fixed it.

Reply to
VisionSet

and anyway, my father was a

What has sexual orientation to do with this?

Reply to
Zipadee Doodar