Trend Airshield Pro

Does anyone have one of these beasts? I am thinking of getting one for use whilst woodturning but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. The reviews that I have been able to find online have been almost all positive but it never hurts to check. In particular what is the lifespan of the filters?

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
ferretygubbins

I?ve got one and have been pleased enough with it. It works well once adjusted to fit, and is light enough to be comfortable. I preferred the Racal one I had before, which had the ?works? strapped around my waist and just a very light face mask, but the airstream is OK and a new Racal type is ferociously expensive.

Lifetime of filters depends entirely on what you are doing. I use mine mainly as a back up when sanding on the lathe or routing MDF. In both cases there is a dust extractor running and a microclene air filter in the workshop. The element filters then seem to be more-or-less everlasting. If it were your only protection in a dusty environment the life would be a lot shorter.

Reply to
Norman Billingham