TOT: Heritability of Intelligence

Yes. In fact for all non-trunk roads in the county.

Cambridgeshire CC.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Unitary

Often micro-managing the pennies by petty officialdom is costing many pounds.

In the local (on-line) newsletter the council have indicated that the social care budget is very challenging!

Reply to
alan_m

Didn't he do arch and anth? OIr Geography?

The most absurd degree is 'History of Art'.

Oh for sure I was coached hard for two years leading up to the eleven plus and was top scorer in the county.

But so too were my school mates, and they weren't. Whatever it is, I had it, for whatever it was/is actually worth.

A guy from the same school went to University, ended up working for IBM on software etc got made redundant at 55, and lives in a nice but unremarkable house. His brother, who barely got his O levels, learnt to play golf, and sell cars and is on his 4th trophy wife and is a multi millionaire dealing in luxury cars for the smart Surrey set.

No, not a properly *devout* Muslim. Look I've dated a Persian girl. My head cardiologist is a Persian lady. My niece married a Persian man, and what marks all these people out is that they didn't sport massive beards or Hijabs or whatever, and bow to Allah trhree trimes a day in a local mosque. They were westernised. They did science and engineering. But I have also had occasion to help a girlfriend evict a lodger from her house, who wws in the country on an educational passpert, but was actually studying the Q'ran at a Madrassa He refused to go, he said, and this is *absolutely true*. "I will beat my head against the wall, and tell them you were violent towards me for my religion"

He called in his 'social worker' too, but she knew the law, He thought he was renting as a tenant, but he wasn't. He was a lodger, and had no right to stay, so eventually he went.

And that is your devout Muslim. He is a liar. He believes in his Prophet and his God. He believes the West is satanic, On one hand he despises you for not being 'moral' like him, and on the other he hates and envies you for your success and material wealth. Your moral compass means nothing to him,. It is not his moral compass. He has no respect for your law, only for Sharia law. He will do not what he feels is right, but whatever he is allowed to get away with by people he envies, hates but also despises. Muslims are the proudest of the middle easterners,. They have deep pride, to mask deep shame. Despite the fact that they have nothing to be proud of and because they have everything to be ashamed of. They dare not accept in any sense that the West they hate despise and yet covert, might actually be better, and their culture and religion wrong.

They have nothing left *but* that religion and that pride, to sustain them in a world they didn't make and are not equipped to deal with.

And that's why they hate you, hate Jews, hate anyone who isn't in the same religious and cultural shithole that they are in.

And that's why they graviate to the Left along with all the other self identifying 'victims'

Because like any football supporter, their team just *has* to be the best, and its the other lot who cheated and bought the ref.

Indeed they were. Have you read the 'Rubaiyat of Omar Khayam'?

¨Myself when young did eagerly frequent Doctor and Saint, and heard great Argument About it and about: but evermore Came out by the same Door where in I went."

Poet, philosopher and mathematician, and *Persian*. Persians were Zoroastrians, Parsees - hence Persian - who were conquered by Arabs who imposed Islam on them

And the Sufis or Dervishes. Deeply humble spiritual men seeking personal salvation, not imposition of a moral code. I studied sufism a bit. Its pretty good.

But today's islamism stems from the deeply conservative and traditional lower classes and the cousin marrying uneducated peasants and town dwellers not of Iran, or Iraq, but of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and parts of Arabia and North a Africa.

Here the Islamist are the 'woke generation' who seek political power based on violence intimidation and the conviction their their moral code is THE moral code. and all else is an abomination. Exactly like the New Left and the woke Labour party and chums. The politics of intolerance hatred and self righteousness,.

Well *exactly*. A Neo barbarism in which *they* rule, is infinitely preferable to a post modern technical culture in which they are pathetic remnants of a once great people who now have nothing left but their pride.

Look at the Australian aborigine. No one actually set out to destroy their culture, but it simply did not survive contact with the West, and the average abbo now lives in a shack taking drugs and getting drunk.

Just like the average ex working class white Brit. All he has is his football team and his macho pride.

Now if I were a bleeding heart liberal, I might be tempted to say how sorry I feel for these people. And how we ought to try and accommodate them. But I am pragmatic, they dont fit here, and their presence will destroy the very thing they lust after. Our wealth and comfort. The road is long and hard to be a member of sophisticated technical society if you are starting from a tin shack in Bangladesh, but it is not our responsibility to make it easy for you, and thereby earn not your gratitude, but your contempt.

It is not a matter of a bigoted 'they are not like us' : It is a matter of 'despite best efforts, they don't *want* to be like us', and not because we are superior, but because we are in fact *threatened*, we have to make a choice. *They* have declared 'us or them' and in spite of being fully able to understand why they do that, my answer will always be 'us, not them, if that's the obly choice they give us'

Sorry.

Life's a bitch, and then you die

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's an old one and it was always:

"Sociology degrees: Please take one".

[ ... ]
Reply to
JNugent

Is he happy?

See, I would view all aspects of that as dull, tedious, and boring. Especially the golf.

Reply to
Tim Streater

When I was a student, I only went to a few student union meetings (soon got fed up with that), but one I recall was the one just after the SU elections, where enough sports science people had been elected to take control - and they tended to the right (this was during Sunny Jim's period as PM and things were changing).

One of the first thing they discovered on looking at the books was that something in excess of 10% of the union's annual budget (provided, one should recall, automatically by the ratepayers of the education authorities which had sent students there) was being expended on just six members.

This was because the union ran and paid for a creche for students and of those, there were just six.

The fightback against the new policy of ending that "funding" (a weasel term coined in the 1970s AFAICR) was bitter. But it went through and that money was no longer expended. What was it spent on instead? I don't know. But the whole matter had clearly been a matter of controversy for at least a couple of years before that.

Reply to
JNugent

Other pastimes are available.

Usenet, for instance.

Or French cinema.

Reply to
JNugent

My favourite pastime is to be busy doing nothing.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Hard to tell.

Well possibly, but when did the topic switch from intelligence to happiness?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You were comparing and contrasting, apparently. If the first guy is happy, and the second has a life with the characteristics I describe (i.e., DT&B) then I'll take the former.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If he couldnt read, he wouldnt have been able to read a comic.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I assumed it was a picture only comic.

Reply to
charles

alan_m snipped-for-privacy@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote

There is no pass/fail with an IQ test. Do better in one, sure.

It is far from clear why early very effective muslim science died out.

But didnt with christianity.

Its not as if islam stamped out science or anything.

Maybe no one who mattered was interested the evidence that the earth was roughly round or something.

Tho its hard to see why no one would be interested in advances in medicine.

Not really, particularly with the relatively recent rash of moslem women PMs etc.

Yeah, its very far from clear why that era ended.

Same with china and japan. Very good at engineering, but completely f****ng hopeless at real science and medicine.

They also never managed a damned thing science and medicine wise.

Then there's the industrial revolution and the computer revolution.

Reply to
Rod Speed

None of which pay so well.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No such animal.

Reply to
Rod Speed

This happened in the UK in the early 1950s.

Reply to
charles

There was no such animal comic wise then and I know that because I had access to pom comics for free then.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Working the whole day through, trying to find lots of things not to do?

Reply to
JNugent