TOT; Facebook

My Facebook homepage is blank. Tried the 'Help' button & got;
"My home page is blank. Some people are experiencing issues with the home page not loading properly. Please submit a report..."
But clicking on it does nothing.
Any idea whats going wrong?

Just be thankful for a happy release from all this social networking crap!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Yes. What is wrong, Dave, is that you're using FB. Meaning that you've granted FB a royalty-free non-exclusive licence to do whatever they like with the stuff you've posted there. Once I saw that in the Ts&Cs, I thought "Bugger that!".
--
Tim

On 22/10/2011 14:48, Tim Streater wrote:

I've never seen anything remotely useful or interesting on FB.

Well, just to put an opposing point of view: I'm chronically sick and have extended periods when I'm at worst bed-bound, or if lucky house-bound.
Although I've been using the internet since about 1998, am totally happy with email, mailing lists & newsgroups, I hate web-based forums. Facebook on the other hand help me feel in touch, not isolated. I know many other people in a similar state who have a similar view. It's much easier to use a site like this to keep all one's friends informed of things than to have to face sending round-robin emails once a year.
It's not all teenagers.
I also play games there - in my case online Scrabble. That's introduced me to a wide range of people all over the world whom I'd not otherwise have any contact with.

in message

I can't see how that works - surely it's trivially easy to cheat? eg - http://www.scrabblefinder.com/

Honour; and you get a feel for when someone is cheating, and don't play them again. Anyway, I don't play so much to beat opponents, but to find plays with my tiles which give me a feeling of satisfaction.

And to find out just how evil FB are, read this;
http://www.identityblog.com/?p 01
--
Today is Setting Orange, the 3rd day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3177
RIP, Dennis Ritchie. One of the giants on whose shoulders Steve

Interesting, but it's down to the individual really - if you don't want Facebook to know a lot about you, don't post it. My profile is 'Public' because if any old friends from schooldays ever want to find me, they can. I used a 'throwaway' email address to register with Facebook and I only put up enough information so that these old school friends (and family) would be sure that it was the correct Fred Bloggs that they'd found. Also, I only accept 'friend' requests from people that I actually know in the face-to-face real world.
Facebook may well take every bit of my info and every photo that I've ever put up there, but before putting it up there I make sure that I'm happy to have it up there.

You did see the bit where Facebook is building profiles of non-members?
--
Today is Setting Orange, the 3rd day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3177
RIP, Dennis Ritchie. One of the giants on whose shoulders Steve

Friends Reunited has done that for years. Either that or someone has way too much time on their hands and has setup profiles for all my old class mates.
MBQ

Of course they also store and link any information about you from stuff others post. You have no say in this.

And it might be lies.
--
Tim

Weirdly, I can log in perfectly well on SWMBOs PC which shares the same wired broadband connection!
Could it be one of the settings in IE9?

In IE9, from the Tools menu, go 'Internet Options', select the Advanced Tab (along the top), and press the 'Reset' Button near the bottom.
But before that, try a different Browser, Chrome, Firefox whatever... just so you can see if it the issue is just related with IE9.
If not, have a full scale spyware alert, sound the klaxxons, nuke windows, deploy linux, change your given name (by deed poll) to something very unique, and claim your existing facebook presense as entirely fictional - it was all a hoax...
--
Not Me