BBC intelligence test

Give him a link & he might...

Reply to
Jimk

Slow access but fun.

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

If it's set by the BBC anyone over 5yrs of age should walk it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

as I haven't a clue what you are talking about

I presume that I failed

tim

Reply to
tim...

This, perhaps?

Andy Burns

In message <quie7l$p6b$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, tim... <tims_new snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes

There is an intelligence test currently accessed from the BBC website.

No comment:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It?s not easy! Most ?IQ? tests floating around on social media and the net seem to be designed to massage your ego. This one was rather humbling. Did well (top 10 to 20%) in some fields but rubbish in others.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Yes me also. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Number sequences and special span, how did others get on? Up to about 5 numbers or 5 different squares I could cope okay. 6 was a definite threshold when my LIFO memory failed. Clearly I can only store 5 bits... ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

*spacial* span. Fecking autocorrupt...

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Umm.. Good on pattern recognition and word meanings. As above for numbers and squares. I struggled a bit with matching blocks. Still convinced they got the rules wrong! Pattern/shape recognition good but I struggled with matching expressions. I felt it was a bit unfair to mix races for those who don't get out much.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It also seems unfair that there are no points for spotting bad grammar in the quiz.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

found it eventually

rubbish at the facial recognition test (as expected)

didn't do too well on the language ones

good results in the others

though TBH I suspect that the sample set will be biased heavily towards people who are good at such tests

I doubt that the bottom 30% IQ people will even be in the sample at all

tim

Reply to
tim...

I stored the numbers much better than the squares

Reply to
tim...

Found the tetris blocks easy, similarly counting the towers of hanoi moves, got bored at that point ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I thought there were there just to getv data from you to sell on to others.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Well indeed. That?s certainly the case for most of them, especially facebook ones.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I liked this quiz