Topfield PVR

Which version of the installer? Anything older than a few days may not work, for more than one reason.

Reply to
alan_m

I got it from a link on the Toppy website. Firefox remembered my login details. Used the download right away.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

IMHO the biggest limitation is the single tuner. Followed by the non-ad-excluding skip forward function. Etc ;-)

Reply to
RJH

Isn't that what you get when you buy a TV rather than dedicated Receiver/PVR?

Reply to
alan_m

Wait till you get to the bit where you can't play any recordings on anything other than the actual set it was recorded on.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Think at least some have two. Those that can do pic in pic, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thank you for your help I will have a look to find exactly what I did when I get a chance.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I've just tried on my old win7 Home Premium machine

I haven't got a Toppy anymore so I selected option 4 to generate a transferable stand alone Mystuff file (which at a later stage can be transferred to a Toppy without having an Internet connection.)

The installer is now called GCMystuffInstaller.exe

Running this downloads and unzips a number of files from the web including the Mystuff kit, logos, freeview.dat etc. This terminates in a message that the kit has been downloaded.

The installer now gives 4 options about what to do with the files

Full Mystuff Install + Firmware Install Full Mystuff Install (without firmware) Update existing Mystuff Tap Build a stand alone account

I selected the last option The installer reported that it had created a package kit giving the name of the file.

However it finally reported that it was missing a file called URLMapping.txt

I have reported this final message to the developer on the Toppy forum

The Toppy thread below also confirms that much of the information and links on the original Mystuff download site are now invalid but owing to a recent server move in the past week or so the web page author cannot get into it to redirect users to the new installer software.

alan_m

I've had a reply to this The file is not used and the next installer update will not report this missing file. The Mystuff kit file generated would have worked on a Toppy box - that I no longer own.

Reply to
alan_m

Ah - right. I'll have a look at that tomorrow.

If I can get those files onto my HD, I'm pretty sure the XP machine will talk to the Toppy as is.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've just quickly tried the updated (today - V1-0-1) installer on a Win

10, 64 bit, machine and it generates a standalone GCB_MystuffInstaller_kit.zip file

On a win 10 machine Windoze may/will complain its not a Microsoft approved program. Just click "more information" and select run anyway.

This file can be transferred to another machine and unzipped. It contains the installer .exe file and when run it asks if the existing kit is to be used to which you say yes and then launches the installer again for you to select what you want to do on the Toppy

Reply to
alan_m