I figure the HO install procedure goes like this:
1. Purchase A/A at Home Depot.
2. Get home, and open box. Read parts list.
3. Another Trip to HD to buy an elbow and one length of 6 inch round.
4. Home to take old humidifier off furnace.
5. Can't find mounting screws on old hum.
6. Find mounting screws. Don't have a 1/4 nut driver. Back to HD to buy one.
Can't just buy one. But the set of five.
7. Back home to pull the cap head screws out.
8. Go to pull wires off old hum. Can't get them off, snip with toenail
shears from wife's medicine chest.
9. Can't find out how to get water line disconnected. Leave old unit
hanging by water line. Kinks line over top of beam.
10. New unit has a different size hole th an old unit.
11. Slice finger while trying to bend sheet metal back to make hole bigger.
12. Trip to hospital.
13. Tetanus shot. Bandages. Blue Cross deductible $200 for hospital visits.
14. Back to try to mount new A/A. Find that hole still not big enough.
15. Back to HD to ask how to resize hole. Buy red, green, yellow, and
16. Cut hole larger. Use wrong template, and make hole too large.
17. Back to HD to ask what to do. Purchase two sheets of single wide
18. Home. Try to attach panning to side of furnace. Not magnetic. Get big
roll of duct tape out. Tape single wide panning to side of return duct.
19. Get template out again.
20. Magic marker location of A/A on new singlewide panning.
21. Cut duct tape to get panning off
22. Using red, green, and yellow shears, cut hole in singlewide panning.
23. Cut fingers on other hand on sharp panning edges.
24. Use new first aid kit from safety aisle at HD.
25. Get A/A cut into single wide panning, and tape panning to side of
furnace. Duct tape A/A to panning, too.
.<snip for brevity>
41. Duct tape works loose and A/A falls on cellar floor at 3 AM, causing
wife to call 911. Police with flashlights and guns drawn look in cellar, and
emerge wet up to their knees. No suspect found. But water line sheared and
cellar is flooded.
52. Wife leaves with installer she called the next morning, and is in
Did I leave anything out?
Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus
Click to see the full signature.