Replacing an Aprilaire - Which model?

I have an old, dead, Aprilaire 110 (or 100) that never worked since I bought my house. I'd like to replace it with a working humidifier. Any suggestions on what a good replacement model would be? The house is about 2,500 sq ft. I'm hoping I can find something that will fit the hole and connections I already have.

I understand that replacing a humidifier isn't rocket science. Too bad. I'm pretty good at rocket science. HVAC on the other hand...

Reply to
delynch

IMO, the Aprilaire is a great unit. There are minimum things that can go wrong. There are only 2 "moving parts" the fan/motor and the water solinoid. The media should be replaced. And, probably the most likely problem is the orifice just after the solinoid. It is a small plastic "plug" in the copper line with a pinhole. The model

110 is the smaller of their units (at that time) and the 112 is the larger. I have had a 112 for 34 years in a 2400 square foot house. I probably could have done with a 110, especially now that we have good w> I have an old, dead, Aprilaire 110 (or 100) that never worked since I
Reply to
Art Todesco

April air units are worth fixing, not much to go wrong on one, maybe water or power is off to it, I know mine is still stut down.

Reply to
m Ransley