Toll roads and the law

Or to have a Delorean so you can hit 88mph and arrive before you started. That will really screw with their heads...

I'm surprised that a toll ticket alone is enough to convict someone (unless all the toll machines are routinely checked to the same kind of standards as say petrol pumps), although I can imagine it being useful as supporting evidence in a case.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Number plate?

Reply to
Tim Streater

In other words you have not reported your incapacity. Maybe the poor misfortunates you plow into will feel happier knowing that you are not a professional. I would try to avoid too much wheezing in their presence though because like drunken drivers, anyone presenting additional risks to other road users is not looked on too kindly these days.

Plenty of people are driving around half blind, full of confidence they can see perfectly. They only find out after the accident.

HN

Reply to
H. Neary

I actually saw one on Sunday, driving over Chertsey bridge. Wasn't doing 88 though.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Well if it was, you wouldn't have seen it... ;)

I've not seen many over the years, but there are a few around. I think there's a company in Texas (?) who can sell you one built from a combination of original and repro parts which uses original VIN numbers, which probably isn't true of many (any?) other cars of the 80s.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

On Feb 21, 7:07=A0pm, H. Neary wrote= :

ote:

essage

There is no requirement for me to do so, it does not affect my driving.

It's not happened and it is umlikely to. I dont drive drunk or asleep and I practise the skills in Roadcraft.

There's no additional risk, I don't drive when I'm tired.

I also have partial loss of vision, in one eye. When I found out it did explain a few near misses. I now search when looking to the right to prevent vehicles disappearing. That's a technique not documented in Roadcraft. It is not notifiable and I have more than compensated for the visual loss.

Reply to
thirty-six

Or at least you think you have.

Reply to
dennis

Tell that to the biker you plow into.

Reply to
grimly4

It hasn't happened and it wont. I am unable to rely on peripheral vision to the right to detect movement, I have to look directly at the road and for this reason I see cyclists and motorcyclists. There's no chance of them hiding in my blindspot. I SEE more than someone who just glances a couple of times.

Reply to
thirty-six

I'm easy on that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd almost take your points seriously Denise, if it wasn't obvious from previous postings that you're just an old woman. Awww... Did Denny get frightened by the big nasty noisy machine, Den?

Reply to
grimly4

I can accept that - if you're aware of your shortcomings and compensate for them, unlike many others.

Reply to
grimly4

Yes I totally agree, common sense at last. Much to the distaste of the pratt's that are out to spoil a chaps fun, I find it perfectly acceptable to close one eye for the drive home from the pub. I am aware that after fourteen pints my two eyes tend to misalign and produce contrdictory images, so I compensate by closing my left eye.

'Trouble is some of the stupid tossers at the pub keep trying to take my keys off me.

HN

Reply to
H. Neary

RPG?